Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Attributes and Combat Abilities

I originally thought that I would use Attributes and Combat Abilities from the BoL rules unchanged.    Attributes I will use unchanged but the post I reproduced here from the RPG.net thread has me reevaluating my intentions towards Combat Abilities.

Combining Brawling and Melee and adding a Pilot or maybe Starship, Vehicle or Gunnery ability has an appeal.  Someone else on the 33rd post of original thread suggested Close Combat, Blaster, Pilot and Defense.

Would the Ranged ability cover starship combat?  Or should that only be used for personal combat?  Should a Pilot or Gunner career cover this?  Usually careers aren't used in combat.

What do you think?

2 comments:

  1. I think it depends on your overall design goal. Are you aiming for quick and playable or more of a simulation style game. I think once you decide that question for yourself, it will be easier to give you some feedback. Given the BoL rules I think I'd stay away from bogging down in details.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Quick and playable. I want it to have the feel of the movies more than an exact simulation.

    ReplyDelete